Paneer Cutlet, a crispy snack for a wonderful evening as well as a perfect starter too! It is a great snack for special occasions and parties.
Cutlet is the most delicious Indian appetizer that is most commonly teamed up with a cup of hot masala chai. There are many types of cutlet (both veg and non-veg) that are prepared in different varieties.
Paneer Cutlets Recipe:
Paneer is a favourite among vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. So, here is a spicy and a mouthwatering Paneer cutlet recipe. You can relish it all by itself or you can also use it as a patty inside a burger. This recipe can be prepared in many ways. The cutlets can be either deep-fried, shallow fried or even baked if you are a calorie conscious person. Here we are shallow frying the cutlets. The coating of the breadcrumbs give it a crispy, crunchy taste which is simply hard to resist.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Makes ~ 12 cutlets
- 1.5 cups (250gm) paneer
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 large potato, boiled, peeled, and mashed
- 1 small capsicum / bell pepper, chopped
- 1″ piece ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
- A pinch turmeric powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 cup flour / maida
- 1-2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp oil plus more for frying
- Salt to taste
How to Make Paneer Cutlets
- Heat the 2tbsp oil in a pan and add the minced onion and ginger. Fry until the onion turns a light brown.
- Add the capsicum and fry for 3-4 mins.
- Then add the potato along with some salt. Saute for 3 mins
- Next, add the turmeric and chilli powder (if using) along with the grated paneer. Mix and mash well and cook for 5 mins until the ingredients come together into a sticky mixture.
- Make a paste with the flour and some water. Shape the paneer mixture into patties and dip into the flour mixture, and then the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in a wide pan until both sides are golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen towels and serve hot with ketchup or mint chutney
You can add green chilliies or chilli powder for more heat
Add some grated carrots or coriander for different flavours